VoIP stands for voice over internet protocol. It is also known as IP Phone IP telephony, internet telephony , and internet calling. It is an alternative method of making phone calls and that phone calls can be very cheap or not costly. Here, the phone part is not present anytime means that you can also do communication without a telephone set. VoIP is most latest and successful technology of today’s world. May also like IP Phone .
What is VoIP ?
The VoIP technology is used by so many people’s. A huge crowed are now using this technology the reason is the cost because VoIP has cut down communication cost and it makes communication system more efficient and interactive and provides better quality of services. It is a source by which you can have fun by communicating through the computers and mobile devices for free.
VoIP Service Provider Its main feature and service that made it so popular among users is skype. It allowed users to send instant messages and makes voice and video calls worldwide.
If you have a computer with speakers and have a good internet connection, then you easily access the VoIP.
How does VoIP works ?
If we can understand the VoIP working then we can easily understand the technology and can use them.
- Firstly the analog voice calls are converted into packets of data. The packets travel through medium and the packets can be any kind of data such as e-mail, over the public internet or any private internet protocol network.
- By using VoIP service , you can call through landline or call phones. You can also use computer – to – computer to make call in which both parties speaking into a computer microphone and listening through computer speakers or headsets.
- To make calls or receive calls using landline telephones you can only need to have an analog telephone adapter connected to your network. But for the best voice quality and security you have to check your VoIP and other communication system.
VoIP in our business
In business VoIP adds voice to a data network and this reduces costs and improve productivity and communication system.
- You can save money by having only one network to manage all the things you can easily add, move , or change phone extensions and locations .
- Your workforce can use you communication system from road or home. Here the wireless IP phones can help users to connect users to your communications system and data resources.
- Unified communication solutions help the users and employers of company to easily collaborate through voice, video chat, web conference and instant messaging.
May also like Click here
Advantages of VoIP
The advantages of VoIP are a follows:
- Reduces Cost: In comparison to a traditional phone calls operating a VoIP system consumes less cost. As VoIP works off your internet connection, there is no requirement for traditional phone line. It means that you only need to deal with one account. One bills for both internet and phone.
- Receptiveness: A VoIP phone system is quite different from a traditional phone system. VoIP provides great accessibility to its users distance or location makes no difference to a VoIP system wheather you are calling from head office on the other side of country. As you both have an internet connection communication is possible.
- Flexibility: VoIP has a great deal of flexibility. In a private network only a limited number of phones can be added. But with a VoIP network, you are limited only by bandwidth so a number of connections can be made.
- Voice quality: If you have a reliable internet connection with good bandwidth then you should experience better voice quality . if you belongs to a rural area without a strong internet connection your qualities may suffer some lack of services.
- More features: VoIP has a lot of extra features like call forwarding, call waiting, voicemail, caller ID, you can send data in any format like documents and pictures while you are engaging in conversations.
It has so many features by which the clients of your company can do video conservation, access and exchange data files. The people from the multiple office locations can be integrated and allows for flexible mettings.
Disadvantages of VoIP
- Need of internet connection: you are not able to access the services of VoIP phone system unless you have a reliable internet connection with required amount of bandwidth.
- Power outages: If power is out for a longer period of time then you cannot access the internet connection and you cannot operate your phone system and are not able to access the services of VoIP.
- Latency: Due to bandwidth requirement, some calls may appear to delay or disappear. All this is done because the packets of information need some time to reassemble in order for an effective call to be made. For the solution of this problem more sophisticated data algorithms come into use.
Voice Over Internet Protocol
Most of the business owners and users of VoIP have accepted that VoIP has more advantages in comparison to its disadvantages. Any employees who are located at a very far distance from another employee can easily communicate through VoIP and can exchange their useful data.